osmutante

No connection, and the power led on my router keeps blinking!!

Any help would be great!
developer

Re: No connection, and the power led on my router keeps blinking!!

When the power led of the router is blinking, it means that there is a problem with the router. Try to reset the router. Hold the reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds. After that, unplug the power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in. If still it doesn't work, do it for the second time.

you dont have to reset the router right away. power cycle the router for 30 secs first then if still has blinking power light, reset router for 10 secs. blinking power light means that there is a problem with the routers firmware.
osmutante

Reseting the router has not fixed the problem! Anyone out there know any other possible fixes?

There IS... Send it back to have linksys Flash the firmware for you. Did you try installing a third party firmware onto the linksys? If you did, then your warrenty is toast, and you will need to do some research for how to install and use a JTAG to wipe the fried firmware and install a new, stable version. Or, you could scrap the router all together and go out and buy another. WRT54G's are pretty inexpensive these days.
"Did your stupid imaginary dragon just do what I think he did?!" - Dexter

Steps You need to do:

1) Try to check if your computer is getting a valid ip. if yes, try to ping the router and if you get 4replies, you can upgrade the firmware of the router. You can check the Linksys knowledgebase (www.linksys.com/kb) and check for answer ID 469.

2) But if your getting invalid ip address, try to assign static ip on your computer and follow step 1

3) If your getting media state media disconnected when you check the ip of your computer, forced the card to 10half duplex and follow step 1 or 2.

spankybus

Re: No connection, and the power led on my router keeps blinking!! FIXED!!!!

Ok, you are not going to believe this, but I was having the same problem and now it is fixed!

First, I am no hardware guru, so for those of you who find my fix to be common sense, at least cut me some slack for trying every possible soultion :-)

First, I bought this Linksys model to replace MY EXISTING router, which I think is the W065 or something, a very good G model.

So when I hooked up the E3000, I did what evey lazy gamer does who's in a hurry.....I USED THE OLD, ALREADY CONNECTED, POWER CORD!!

Apparently, this old power cord does not provide enough power or something, because the router simply kept getting stuck in diagnostic mode (flashing power LED). it would occasionally stabalize, but only to eventually (usually inside of 5 minutes) reverting back to Diag mode and loosing all connectivity.

MORAL OF THE STORY: ONLY USE THE POWER CORD THAT SHIPPED WITH THE E3000!!

Hope this helps someone, cuz it drove me insane!!