Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
@NO_SCREENNAME@

No internet connection - Flashing power light

Hi. I recently bought the ea6500 router to upgrade from my last one. For the first few weeks, it worked ok though the wireless range often became unreliable if doors were shut. The biggest problem I'm having right now is that the internet has completely stopped working - both wired and wireless. I have hooked my laptop directly into my modem, and it has a good internet connection. However, when I plug my laptop into the router, I get no internet connection at all, and it is not currently producing a wifi signal at all. Instead, the power light keeps blinking rapidly. I have tried rebooting the modem and router several times and still no internet. Just the same blinking light. I can't even log into the smart wifi page to check the status of the router. My computer tells me there is no IP address for the router. Strange... If anyone has had this problem and fixed it, please let me know how. Thanks!
louise100111

Re: No internet connection - Flashing power light

It means the firmware is corrupted. If this happens, you can follow the steps below:

• Performed a power cycle on your router first, the easiest workaround for any issues on your router and it might just solve the problem at this point.
  • You need to assign the computer a static IP address.
  • Do a ping test. It helps trace the message between the computer and the router.
  • You may reset the router if the steps mentioned did not resolve the issue.
  • If you still can’t access your router’s setup page and still get the blinking powerlight, you may attempt re-flashing the firmware of your router using the TFTP utility.
  • Reset and reconfigure.
Expert
sabretooth

Re: No internet connection - Flashing power light

Your routers firmware is blown to hell.  Try here to recover.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=30453