kylespringer

Not getting full speed through my linksys router.

So I have one of the new black Wireless G routers as well as a few of the older wrtg52 models. I also have 25mbps internet, now when I am hard plugged into either of the routers I get 25-30mbps connection on all my speed test, but when I connect through my wireless network, I only have been able to get a max of 10-11mbps, is that the max wireless can do or is there a setting to fix that?
thomaslea1

Re: Not getting full speed through my linksys router.

How many doors and floors are you going through. Had the same problem until I finally hooked up the wires I had runing through the walls (new house). I was going through4 walls, but only about 40 feet!! and suffered tremendous loss. I have wireless throughout the house, but not nearly the speeds of the wired connections.
kylespringer

I live in a town house so I am never more then 15-20ft away, most of the time, just 10ft at the most. When I plug into my router I get full speeds, I figured Wireless G just had a limit of 10mbps via wireless or something.
gandalf

Your Laptop must have a Wireless-"B" Technology Adapter and that is the reason you are getting only 11MBPS Speed...Wireless "B" will support a max of 11MBPS of Speed...