pn8830

Open proxy with wireless router WRT54G

Hello, I have a problem that so far I could not figure out myself, hopefully someone can help me out to confirm my theories on it. My Internet service provider claims that I have an open proxy at home. I don't know if it's true but it's not something that I have set up deliberately. The network setup is: Cable modem connected to WRT54G router that in turn has 3 PCs connected to it. Local subnet is 192.168.0.0. In "Applications and Gaming" on the router no port range forwarding is set up. I have thought it over and came to a conclusion that there is no way this network configuration can have an open proxy even if there are some ports open on any of the PCs since they are on a private network and the only device that has external IP is the wireless router. To the best of my knowledge WRT54G does not work as an open proxy unless there are some security vulnerabilities in firmware that I'm not aware of (since there is no forwarding set up). Could anyone help me to confirm my ideas? If there is any extra info needed please feel free to ask. Thanks, PN.
Corleone

Re: Open proxy with wireless router WRT54G

Access the setup page of the router by launching an
Browser and type on the address bar, 192.168.1.1 and press enter. When
it prompts for the username and password, leave the username field
empty and provide password as "admin" (Without quotes)
click on ok.
On the main setup page the ""Internet Connection Type"" should be
on ""Obtain IP Automatically - DHCP “. Click on the Save Settings
button.
Now click on the sub tab ""MAC address clone"".
- Click on enable
Click Clone & click save settings
Check WAN Ip on Status page of router ....
If getting Valid Ip .... try going online
If not ... power cycle for 4-5 minutes & then again check the WAN Ip address .....