mithusijiw

(PS3)Changing NAT TYPE to Open for router WRT150N

I need help chaning the NAT Type to open because I can't play with some of my friends on Playstation. Tell me how please

castor

Re: (PS3)Changing NAT TYPE to Open for router WRT150N

A known issue with Linksys routers is the NAT Type 3 or anything related to dropping of Internet connectivity during play time. Network Address Translation (NAT) is the ability of a router or firewall to translate a public IP address to a private IP address and vice versa. It adds security to the network by keeping the private IP addresses hidden from the outside world.

Gaming consoles such as Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, and Wii™ often encounter NAT related issues resulting to poor gaming experience. This problem is resolved by checking the settings on your router which contribute to NAT issues.

This is due to the built-in firewall of the router and to get past this, you will need to open ports on the router. You may do this by either doing Port Forwarding or Port Triggering. Once the ports are successfully opened, the NAT Type issue will change to Open or Moderate thus, making the gaming console work.

Here is the link which resolve the issue: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2902de6218ed4dc1a4c595595ca1f60a_Resolving_NAT_Typ...