lg123

Password not working

I am trying to set up some type of security for my new wrt54g v8 and the admin is not working.  I just read that someone else is having the same problem TODAY! So maybe the system is down???
Ikester

Re: Password not working

Did you change the default password when you configured your router?  You should always change it so one one can access your router and take complete control of your wireless network.  You may have to reset and reconfigure your router.  Below are a few links that will show you how to reset your router and how to set up WPA security.

Reset your router click HERE

To access a linksys router with the default settings click HERE.

WPA security set up click HERE.
Richard Aichner (Ikester)
lg123

I did not set up the router.  My telephone man did (this week) when they installed my new broadband tv/dsl.  Knowing "Jake" he probably did.  I will give him a call.

Thanks
KrazyKat

I'm the other person with the non-functioning password. Mine was never changed from the default. Isn't there some way to change the password without resetting the router ore reverting to the default settings?
k6ncx

Sure there's a way to change the password without resetting: Enter the existing password! What use would the be in having a password if there were a bypass?
mdown

Hello, I am also having trouble with my password. I already reset the router. I type the address and the "admin" with no username works to get to the initial page. However, the password does not work after I press save changes. I have a BEFW11S4 ver. 4. I know not the newest, but worked just fine until this afternoon. Thanks for any suggestions
ANGELSandDEMONS

Try upgrading the firmware then reset the router....clear the  cache on your browser also.... then try accessing it again...  :womanwink:
I KNOW IM EVIL!!!
mdown

ANGELSandDEMONS wrote:
Try upgrading the firmware then reset the router....clear the cache on your browser also.... then try accessing it again... :womanwink:

Ok, tried that. Still no dice. Any other suggestions? Thanks
jrbancks

We are assuming right now that the computer is wired to router directly and not passing by any switch/hub. Aside from that you can try to flash the firmware using tftp (or upgrading software/utility of Linksys).  If all else fails, might be a problem with the router itself.
mdown

jrbancks wrote:
We are assuming right now that the computer is wired to router directly and not passing by any switch/hub. Aside from that you can try to flash the firmware using tftp (or upgrading software/utility of Linksys). If all else fails, might be a problem with the router itself.

Yes it goes cable modem - router - computer. And I have no idea what the second part of your post means. I downloaded the firmware update from the lnksys site and used it with the upgrade firmware button inside the router setup thing. The router still works fine as a router, I just can't change any settings which I don't like.