Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
clenahan

Port Forwarding for Xbox One

I have an EA6500 with multiple clients that connect to this device wirelessly just fine, but I have a problem with the NAT for my Xbox one.  I tried port forwarding the necessary ports so I could play online.  This worked but while doing this no other clients recieve internet connection.  Is it possible to fix this while using dynamic IP addresses for all other clients besides the Xbox which has to have a static IP?

guyinpa75

Re: Port Forwarding for Xbox One

Having same issue pretty much.  But also have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One.  Love to have both of them with open NAT.

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Xbox-One-strict-NAT-on-EA4500/m-p/746085

Expert
chadster766

Comcast my be giving your router a private IP Address in which case port forwarding will not work. Comcast may be doing NAT to your location. If you can confirm that you are getting a public IP Address on your router then it should just work.

Open a command prompt on a Windows computer and do a tracert:

Command:

tracert www.yahoo.com

:smileywink: Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
guyinpa75

What should work?  Kind of lost me there?

It is not working now.  Really thinking I need to change something to get both Xbox One and Xbox 360 to work at same time with open NAT.

blue_butterfly

@clenahan

Yes, that should work. And since you're experienceing internet connection problem on some other clients, check also the Media Prioritization settings and make sure that there are enough bandwidth left for the other devices.

clenahan

I don't have both systems on the network, but I hear if you put one of the systems in the DMZ and forward the ports to the other.  But I don't think you'll be able to run them both with port forwarding going on.

pepper_mint

What should work?  Kind of lost me there?

It is not working now.  Really thinking I need to change something to get both Xbox One and Xbox 360 to work at same time with open NAT.

Hi! You can check out this link, http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2902de6218ed4dc1a4c595595ca1f60a_Resolving_NAT_Typ...