Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Baderup99

Port fowarding with WARCRAFT III. Wireless LAN

Hey im trying to setup a lan game here in my house. I have a wireless BEFW11S4v4. All of my computer access the internet via wireless. So all of them can get into the internet which is good. But when i try to play a LAN game on Warcraft III I cant see any other computers. i found this guide to setup port fowarding for warcraft. http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_triggering/Linksys/BEFW11S4v4/Warcraft_III.htm I'm not sure if i did it correctly though, my router setup is a bit different and more up to date. I have had success with playing LAN when everything is wired, but now this is my first time going wireless. Any suggestions Baderup99 - AIM
oook

Re: Port fowarding with WARCRAFT III. Wireless LAN

hi.. logon to router's setup page and try reducing MTU to 1365, click on the wireless >> advanced wireless settings >> reduce beacon interval to 50, framentation and RTS threshold to 2304... also make sure that you have latest firmware installed on the router...
Baderup99

When I setup the port forwarding, I go under applications and gaming. Then for the forwarding part i put. Warcraft 3 >>6112>>6119>>Then do i put the IP address of the computer hosting? Or do i setup port forwarding for every computer thats going to be playing?
oook

well....you need to click on the "port trigerring" subtab under "applications and gaming" tab...you do not have to enter any ip address there
Baderup99

do i still have to enter the Port Range Forwarding info, or just the trigger tab, or both?
Baderup99

Also for the port triggering. I know for warcraft everyone use values 6112-6119. So do i put those two sets of numbers in the triggered range and forward range?
oook

yes..you have to enter the range of port in the trigerred and forwarded range field ...
Baderup99

ok this is what i just did. Application Warcraft 3 Triggered Port Start 6112 End 6119 Forwarded Range Start 6112 End 6119
Baderup99

What else needs to be done? Do i have to have a Static IP?
Baderup99

FYI. The computer im trying to host on is a MAcbook pro, with NO firewall.