sparcusa

Possible Linksys Virus

I'd like to report an very strange problem.    Over the past three days I've been having trouble with my linksys WRT54GS v 1.06.3.    At home on Saturday,  we stopped being able to access the Internet.   I accessed the router and found that my local clients could access the router,  but could not get out to the net.    After some probing,   I hit the hard reset and the problem went away.    Next day I'm at my neighbors house,  same problem with his linksys router.   I'm at work this morning,  same router, same problem.    This could be a total coincidence,  but these three have been working for literally months with absolutely no issues.   The three linksys routers on two different networks.   I thought I would just put this out there to see if anyone else was experiencing this.    Great place to put a virus.

foremore

Re: Possible Linksys Virus

sparcusa wrote:

I'd like to report an very strange problem.    Over the past three days I've been having trouble with my linksys WRT54GS v 1.06.3.    At home on Saturday,  we stopped being able to access the Internet.   I accessed the router and found that my local clients could access the router,  but could not get out to the net.    After some probing,   I hit the hard reset and the problem went away.    Next day I'm at my neighbors house,  same problem with his linksys router.   I'm at work this morning,  same router, same problem.    This could be a total coincidence,  but these three have been working for literally months with absolutely no issues.   The three linksys routers on two different networks.   I thought I would just put this out there to see if anyone else was experiencing this.    Great place to put a virus.

you sure it wasn't just a modem to wireless connection issue? usually reseting the modem waiting 5 then reseting the wireless waiting 5 again, and then reseting the end workstation resolves this issue. a hard reset could give you a solution but that means putting back the settings via the backup or doing it manually...

elaguna

Re: Possible Linksys Virus

Since you have reset the router, another thing you can do is to reinstall the router as if you just took it out of the box.

Click this link to setup the router with cable internet connection or

Click here to learn more about setting up the router with DSL internet connection.

Hope this helps.

Post the outcome on this thread.