Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cjcape11

Power went out and now I can't connect to my wireless network

Hello all!

I am reaching out here becuase I can't figure out how to fix this problem.  I have had the power go out many times before and never had a problem.

But today my 3 year old decided to turn off the power strip on the desktop computer that my Linksys WRT54GS is connected to.  So when I went to go on to my laptop downstairs it wasn't getting a connection so sure enough came upstairs and saw the power was out.  So I turned it back on and went back downstairs to the laptop and I can't get a network connection.  It doesn't even list my network as an option to connect to!

It does show a generic "linksys" network connection but the error says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network".  Then when I try to manually configure it, it can't even locate the Linksys device.  (btw, I have Windows Vista OS)

So do I need to totally reconfigure my router?   I would appreciate any help that you can give me, I'm the middle of trying to get alot of legal paperwork done and I can't print or do anything since I can't get a wireless connection :smileysad:

Thank you soooo much!
Cathy :smileyhappy:

gandalf

Re: Power went out and now I can't connect to my wireless network

You can see the generic Linksys wireless network on your wireless computer.

I think your router came back to factory default settings and you will need to reconfigure the router.

Connect the modem to the Internet port and computer to Ethernet port 1 on the router.

Open the internet browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 . Log in to the router setup page. the default password for the router is admin, leave the user name blank.

Change the internet settings manually on the router.

Who is your Internet service provider?

Follow this link to configure the router with Cable Internet service.

Follow this link to configure the router with DSL Internet service.