krwimmert
Accepted Solution

Problem Connecting iPad or iPhone to Wifi (Linksys E1000)

I recently moved from my parent's house to a condo and I am having trouble connecting my iPad or iPhone to my WiFi.  I have not problem with my main desktop (connected to the router via ethernet), but my iPad and iPhone fails to connect to the network.  I don't have a problem finding the network (FunnyWillow) but when I try to log in, it says "Failed to join "FunnyWillow"  -  "Unable to join the network "FunnyWillow" ".  How do I resolve this problem?

greencross

Re: Problem Connecting iPad or iPhone to Wifi (Linksys E1000)

Follow the instructions on this link.

If you still can't get in, you may try adding a $ symbol before the password or ensure you have MAC filter disabled on the setup page.

krwimmert

Alright, I changed my password to have a $ before it and the MAC is disabled.  I was able to connect to WiFi once on both of iPhone and the iPad, but the connection is very unstable and It signs me off within minutes and when I try to sign back on, it gives me the "unable to connect to FunnyWillow" message.  I am in the same room as the router and I have full signal strength.  What could be the matter?

greencross

Try updating the firmware:

Follow this link to download the firmware

Reset and powercycle the router.

Reconfigure the router and your wireless network from scratch.

krwimmert

Alright, my current firmware version is (v1.0.01 build 7Apr 15, 2010).  I tried to update it by downloading version 2.1, but when IZArc opened, there was nothing in the .bin to extract.  I checked my status afterwards on (http://192.168.1.1/Status_Router.asp) and it still says I am using the v.1.0.01... version.  

I reset the router, and network and tried to update the firmware and the samething happened with the update.  I tried to connect my iPhone/pad and the same error message appeared.  I have a good feeling that getting that firmware update would solve it, I guess U don't know how to go about it.

krwimmert

Alright, my current firmware version is (v1.0.01 build 7Apr 15, 2010).  I tried to update it by downloading version 2.1, but when IZArc opened, there was nothing in the .bin to extract.  I checked my status afterwards on (http://192.168.1.1/Status_Router.asp) and it still says I am using the v.1.0.01... version.  

I reset the router, and network and tried to update the firmware and the samething happened with the update.  I tried to connect my iPhone/pad and the same error message appeared.  I have a good feeling that getting that firmware update would solve it, I guess I don't know how to go about it.

SteveS616

In order to connect an iPad or iPhone to an N network, you need to have Wifi Multimedia support enabled on the router. .

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3727

You have to go to real router configuration page and not just the pretty cisco connect front end to make sure it's enabled. To get to it type 192.168.1.1 in an Internet browser and use the username admin and password admin. Or if there is a pw on cisco, connect use that.

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Cisco/Linksys_E1000/QoS.htm

oook

Firmware version on your router is V1.0.01 that means you are using E1000 V1 router. You can not upgrade the firmware to 2.1 because that is not your router firmware.

Try changing some wireless settings on your router and see if that works.

Connect the computer to the router with the Ethernet cable. Open the setup page of the router and go to wireless tab. Change the wireless channel to 11. Save the settings.

Go to Advanced wireless settings sub tab. Change the Beacon interval to 75, RTS and Fragmentation threshold to 2304. Save the settings and power cycle the router.

Try to connect to the wireless network and see if that helps you.

krwimmert

WMM has been enabled, but the problem still persists.  

krwimmert

Awesome, that did it.  Thanks for the help!!!