Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
peterm1822
Accepted Solution

Problem: EA 4500 not connecting one device

Hi

I just purchased a Linksys EA 4500.

I set up the wifi properly, with laptops, tablets, smartphones and printer. The wifi network worked fine for a couple of days.

But now one of the laptop "refuses" to see the Linksys wifi network. The other devices are still connected and running regularly.

The notebook that does not connect anymore is an ACER 5740DG with an Atheros Network adapter and Windows 7 installed. This notebook is otherwise running fine.

At the beginning it was connecting ok and we never had any problem at all with the previous router Belkin_N+_7991AC, that I changed just for speed.

Now the Linksys network is simply not visible to such notebook in the "Available Connections List" that I get clicking on the WiFi icon in the bottom right, while a number of other wifi networks (not mine) are clearly visible. Of course I restarted the notebook properly. For one time I got the visibility of the Linksys, I entered the password and then it was not possible to see the network anymore.

No error message from Smart WiFi software.

Very unpleasant. Before returning the product to the reseller I would like to know if there is any solution.

Thanks and rgds

Pietro

VALETLINKSYS

Re: Problem: EA 4500 not connecting one device

I'm thinking that since only one computer stopped working. You can try changing the wireless channel of your router .. You can use channel 9 for 2.4 Ghz network... If that will not work then check the driver date of the laptop;s wireless card coz I believe it needs driver update as well.. and you can get the latest driver for Ather network adapter @ http://www.atheros.cz/

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
peterm1822

Great! it worked immediately! But ... shouldn't it be automatic??? :-)

Many thx. I marked the Kudo. There is no star!
earthmyrll120288

[ Edited ]

Great!

VALETLINKSYS

[ Edited ]

Oh that's great ! I should change my signature :smileyhappy:

Some updates may not be automatic that's why we have to check the driver version first

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
peterm1822

I will then check for driver updates.
As of now the network continues to work.
Thx again.
Pietro