odintheterrible
Accepted Solution

Problem with Wireless settings in WRT 300N (V2)

Greetings,

I've just managed to reset the WRT 300N to default settings and have setup the internet conncection etc and home network ... BUT no matter how I've fiddled with the wireless settings I cannot get any of the laptops or mobile phones to connect wirelessly to the network.

The Windows software on the laptops 'finds' the router OK but for some reason the router seems unwilling to supply an IP address.

I've checked ALL of the settings that I can think of, and all are correct ... well, all are exactly the same as my old router which worked perfectly.

It's something that I think muxt be to do with the security settings.

Can anyone offer any suggestions ??

THanks

greencross

Re: Problem with Wireless settings in WRT 300N (V2)

Did you have MAC filtering switched on?

DHCP server?

Your wireless devices' static IPs disabled?

What's your wireless network mode?

Tried different radio bands and wireless channels?

odintheterrible

Mac Filtering is OFF

DHPC Server is ON

Static IP's disabled

Ricewind

Try the following steps:

# Open up the browser and on the address bar type 192.168.1.1 that will open up the Router setup page.

# Then Click on wireless Tab select, Wireless Network mode “Mixed”, Radio Band to 20 MHz only and Standard Channel to 1, 3, 6, 9, and 11. Click Save Settings.

#Adjust the following advanced wireless settings:

~~ Lower the beacon interval from 100 to 75

~~ Lower the fragmentation threshold from 2346 to 2306

~~ Lower the RTS threshold from 2347 to 2307

Then check the status..

Here is the link for connecting the wireless network: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=32036bdcd9dd44ec94f94fc5f6da666f_Connecting_wirele...

odintheterrible

Hi,

Thanks for the input ... however, I've tried ALL of that and more ... I'm now coming round to the belief that these routers with supposed 'N' (draft) function are not worth the money as I have serval new devices which are N compatible and NONE of them can connect to any N function wireless router ... no matter who's network I try to use.

I think it's better to give up on this until such time as the N system is properly functional ! Clearly, the current (and older) cr