Expert
jlbjlb

Re: Problems with EA2700 and Android devices

I did think of one other thing. Maybe the two devices that can't get Internet are using a proxy and your ISP is blocking it. Try using a different browser or try different DNS settings (configure static on android).
@NO_SCREENNAME@

do you have any free DNS I can get in the manual settings of the devices?

@NO_SCREENNAME@

Both of your suggestion didn't work. I have connection, now, with 54Mpbs running on B-G only. No internet connection. Both tried Galaxy S3 and the tablet. :smileysad:

hillary681

[ Edited ]

@NO_SCREENNAME@ wrote:

Thanx for replying. I have the mac filtering disabled anyway. It is mixed mode. I tried with no wireless security and it didn't work. I'm entering my wifi password which is different from the router log password. 5 and 2.4 ghz have separated names. Didn't work. What is WMM on the linksys router?

WMM- Wireless Multimedia, is a type of QoS (Quality of Service). it improves quality for audio, video and voice applications by setting high priority on wireless traffic. in essence it should optimize your wireless connection to cope with high bandwidth required in certain applications such as online gaming, voip calls and video streaming.

@NO_SCREENNAME@

[ Edited ]

I have manually entered in every Android device the public DNS of Google : 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Now they are connected to B-G only and both have internet access! Can't believe it. I will try a bit later if it works with Mixed Mode and post. :smileyhappy: THANX A LOT, JIBJIB!!!

kryteris

should but does not, my 6 year old router works much better, better meaning it works! The EA2700 works at best for about 5 seconds.
Jake_2.0

Hi, perhaps you might need to upgrade the router’s firmware and to reset the router afterwards. You could also configure the router’s wireless settings by using a non-overlapping wireless channel. In case that the router’s performance is really subpar (compare to your older rouer), then return the router and have it replaced.