curt_

New WRT110 firmware v1.0.04, drops wireless with two laptops.

Well I seem to be having the same types of problems as previous posters.

Mine came out of the box with 1.0.04 firmware.

Everything seemed to work at first (one Inspirion 1525 laptop) but started dropping after the second laptop on wireless.

This one looks like a lemon, since folks have been posting for months, and since the latest firmware does not fix, and no sign of resonse from linksys, it looks like it will go back to amazon...

mkstretch

Re: Problems with WRT110

I have 1 laptop and 1 desktop connected via wireless.  When watching youtube videos they buffer alot.  Also I notice my connection fluctuates from 54Mbps to 25Mbps to 36Mbps.   Is eveyone having this issue too?
Hawkeye00

I too have experienced this strange behavior with the WRT110.  It's very repeatable.  Boot up my wired desktop PC, boot up my notebook PC.  Both aquire IP addresses - things seem fine.  If I put my Vista notebook in Sleep mode - then wake it up, it knocks out my desktop PCs wired connection.   All devices drop their network connetions for about 5 minutes, then they eventually snap out of it and regain their connections.  Similarly, I have an Apple Airport Express that knocks out all devices on my WRT110 network when it tries to join the network.  I've been a happy Linksys customer for years, but I think this product has some serious flaws.
phatcollegeguy

Go to your wireless network connection -> Properties, and you should see 4 checkboxes that says:

Client for Microsoft Networks

File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

QoS Packet Scheduler

Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Make sure you UNCHECK the QoS Packet Scheduler, and click Ok.  I assumed that you have already upgraded to latest firmware, bridged the modem, put the router in PPPOE mode, and if using WPA2 security, select AES only, not AES+TKIP.

Let me know if this works for you.  Good luck.
RomanB

Thank you. Connection drop issue resolved by disabling "QoS Packet Scheduler" - there are no more unexpected disconnections when 2nd PC/laptop is awake/reboot.

richamorro

I have the same issue. I tought that maybe router was damage, but i go to the store and change it for a new one and have the same problem.

nubanktech wrote:
Hi we've been having issues with our new WRT110. There have been constant drops, and also VPN passthru access won't connect. I've updated the firmware to the newest on the Downloads site. I've made changes to the Beacon Interval, and Fragmentation threshold. Usually we try to have 3 wireless connections but when the 3rd tries to connect it drops everybody. I set the channel manually and tried WPA2, WPA, and WEP. Still same issues. Is there a link for a beta firmware ? Thanks

Expert
sabretooth

OK folks, I've read through all these post.  I have a WRT110 and it is stable on 1.0.04.  I don't need any of the stuff the higher firmware gives you.  Here is what you need to look at.

First, if you have Windows 7 or Vista on ANY wireless computer it will knock out the WRT110 due to the IPv6 issue in windows.  Try this:

Disable IPv6 under LAN properties for both the wired and wireless adapters in your Windows 7 and Vista computers.  Reboot.

In the router:

Disable UPnP.  Under wireless settings Beacon interval 75, RTS and Fragmentation threshold to 2304.  Save settings.  Try to connect.  After a while try channel 1 or 11.  Rotating the router 90 degrees will effect the strengh of the signal.  Also tilting the router 45 degrees down at an angle will effect the signal also.

mariocisco11

[ Edited ]

Sr.  I realy appreciate your post it save me $$$$$. After a month + trying to fix my ruter WRT110 your solution was the right one. I just register to this forum to say tank you.

Regards.

OK folks, I've read through all these post.  I have a WRT110 and it is stable on 1.0.04.  I don't need any of the stuff the higher firmware gives you.  Here is what you need to look at.

First, if you have Windows 7 or Vista on ANY wireless computer it will knock out the WRT110 due to the IPv6 issue in windows.  Try this:

Disable IPv6 under LAN properties for both the wired and wireless adapters in your Windows 7 and Vista computers.  Reboot.

In the router:

Disable UPnP.  Under wireless settings Beacon interval 75, RTS and Fragmentation threshold to 2304.  Save settings.  Try to connect.  After a while try channel 1 or 11.  Rotating the router 90 degrees will effect the strengh of the signal.  Also tilting the router 45 degrees down at an angle will effect the signal also.