johnhlas

Purchased a Cisco e2500 router. How do I change the password on the router? Wifi not working.

greencross

Re: Purchased a Cisco e2500 router. How do I change the password on the router? Wifi not working.

Go to http://192.168.1.1

default username and password are both admin

the wifi password can be changed by going to wireless > wireless security

johnhlas

Re: Purchased a Cisco e2500 router. How do I change the password on the router? Wifi not working.

Actually, I neglected to enter a password during set up and now I can't contniue w/o entering a password, now what?

Administrator
24JUAN80

Safe to say, you can go ahead and reset the router and reconfigure just to lessen the hassle.

You can refer to my signature on how to configure your router depending on your ISP.

Do post back if you need further help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
greencross

You mentioned setup so you must have used the setup CD? If so and you haven't reset the password yet, run Cisco Connect on your computer and go to router settings. You'll find what you need from there

Children9!

How to reset my wifi
Expert
asortatoritale

Hi Children9!,

This is how you reset your wifi setting on the router. First, you have to access the set up page then you click the wireless tab for you to customize the settings. Here are the links below.

Accessing the router’s web-based setup page

Changing the Wireless Network’s Name (SSID) on a Linksys Router