Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mgennone

Reset Password For Wireless Router WRT54G Ver. 6 Driver

I had to reinstall operating system on my computer so lost my wireless router password. Does anyone know how I can reset that? I do not have the install disk for the wireless router and does not seem like I can download that from Cisco website.

HELP!!!!! 

Expert
Expert

Re: Reset Password For Wireless Router WRT54G Ver. 6 Driver

Download the manual from the Linksys web site and learn how to configure the router using the web interface.

I don't see what reinstalling the operating system has to do with loosing the wireless router password. Do you mean the wireless key/passphrase to connnect a computer wireless to your router or do you mean the password to access the web interface of the router at http://192.168.1.1/ ?

You can always press the reset button on the router for 30 seconds to reset to factory defaults. You then have to reconfigure the router through the web interface.
Gollum

Re: Reset Password For Wireless Router WRT54G Ver. 6 Driver

If you want to know the wireless security key, Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...(If you have changed the Router password, then you need to use that password to login to the setup page of your Router).

Once you login to the setup page of your Router, then click on the Wireless tab and then below click on the sub tab "Wireless Security" and in that window you will find out your security key.... 

If still you are unable to login to the router setup page, then i think you need to reset your Router. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router....