Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
meiners07

Reset wireless network key - WRT54GS

I need to reset my wireless network key.  I've gotten a new computer and cannot remember the old key.

WRT54GS
Expert
Expert

Re: Reset wireless network key - WRT54GS

Connect to http://192.168.1.1/ enter your password (default is "admin") and the keys are on the wireless security page.
meiners07

the id and password provided did not work.
Expert
Expert

First: if something does not work there is generally an error message. Post the exact error message else it is impossible to tell, what the problem could be.

Second: I did not give any id. What id are you talking about? When connecting, the user name remains empty and you have to enter the password for the router configuration. The factory default password should be "admin". You should have changed that password during first setup of the router. This password has nothing to do with the wireless encryption keys.

If the password does not work or you don't remember it anymore, you'll have to reset the router to factory default: press the reset button for 30 seconds. You then have to setup the whole router again.
meiners07

Thank you.  That's what I was trying to get at in the first inquiry.
waynet_az

Just FYI, I'll bet the login that was provided to you DOES work. Every time I tell someone this they put "admin" in the USERNAME field, which is wrong:

Username: (leave blank)
Password: admin

Try that.

Wayne