Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
suzanne999

Reset wireless router

I want to reset my wireless router. I can connect through my desktop without a problem. When I try to access via the laptop (i.e. wireless), it asks for the network key. I have not used this router in quite a while, so I do not remember how to access the network key.

Before I reset, I was trying to access 192.168.1.1, but I'm not quite sure how to get there. Please advise.

Thank you!
Dunworkin

Re: Reset wireless router

If you want to reset your router, just hold in the reset button for 5 seconds.  To utilize your web based utility use your desktop PC.  In the address line type in 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.  Username is left blank and use admin for the password.  Go into wireless security to set up your security settings.
brickmonkey

Please access the setup page of the router by launching an Internet Explorer and type on the address bar, 192.168.1.1 and press enter. When it prompts for the username and password, leave the username field empty and provide password as “admin "" all in lower cases and then click on ok. Click wireless tab & wireless security sub-tab ... it shows wireless security key ... Have a Note of the same ...
suzanne999

Thank you for the instructions. When I type "192.168.1.1" in the address bar and hit "enter" I end up with a google search  page. I tried https://192.168.1.1 and got the classic i.e. error message "Cannot display the webpage." Any other suggestions?
Dunworkin

Do you have a ethernet cable from PC to router?
suzanne999

Ok, I know what I did wrong. I tried to access 192.168.1.1 BEFORE resetting. So I just reset and tried again and got in, but the "wireless security" subtab did not show the network key. It just has a dropdown menu that has "disable" selected. If I choose one of the other options I am asked to enter passphase and then 4 lines listing Key 1 through Key 4.

The other options are WPA pre-shared, WPA Radius, and Radius. Any ideas what to do next?
tnmadiso

Thank you for this information.  I thought I was going to lose it for a minute there.