Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
photosphere

Router Access WRT110

I have just installed a new WRT110 router using the setup wizard.  Internet service is being provided by Verizon DSL.  The router is connected to a desktop computer running Windows XP.  The router is set up for WPA/WPA2 security.  The router password was left as the default "admin".

I had no problem setting up the router.  It operates without a problem and I am able to connect to the network with my laptop without a problem.

However, when I tried to access the router in management mode, I couldn't get the router to accept the default usnername/password.  I entered no username and admin as the password.  I also tried WRT110 as the username and admin as the password. 

I reset the router and ran the setup wizard again.  I had the same results.

I reset the router a third time and tried entering the default "admin" password.  I was able to access the router.  However, when I ran the setup wizard, once again I couldn't access the router.

My assumption is that the setup wizard is setting the username to something other than "  ", "admin" or "WRT110".  However, I have no idea what it is being set to.  I tried talking to tech support but they were no help.

Anybody have an idea what the username might be set at or how I can find out?

toomanydonuts

Re: Router Access WRT110

Are you trying to access 192.168.1.1  wirelessly?  If so, this is the problem.   Wireless connection to 192.168.1.1  often fails.  When you want to access your router setup, always use a computer that is wired to the WRT110.
photosphere

I am able to access the network wirelessly with my laptop.  However, I was trying to access the router using my desktop which is wired directly to the router.  It is just that I can't figure out what the username is.  The linksys.txt file which the setup wizard created says that the username is admin but I have tried this username and it doesn't work.  Apparently, the setup wizard assigned a different username than what is in the text file and I can't figure it out.
castor

Apparently WRT110 does not have a Username(Username has to be left Blank), it will only accept a password(default password is admin in lowercase letters)...

Don't use the run the Setup Wizard to accessyour router, instead use it's web interface to configure any settings...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case... See if you can access the router setup...

toomanydonuts

1)  Please state the make and exact model number of your modem (not the WRT110).

2)  Please do the following test:

Power down your entire network.  Using an ethernet cable, connect your modem directly to your computer.  (Do not use the WRT110 for this test.)  Power up the modem and computer.  Verify that you have a working Internet connection, then proceed with the following:  (Even if your Internet connection does not work, state this, and proceed.)

Go to "Start" > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
A black DOS box will appear. Type in "ipconfig /all" (with no quotes), then hit the Enter key.   Copy all the results to your next post.  To do the copy, highlight the results, then use the copy (Ctrl-c) keys and the paste (Ctrl-v) keys.  If your "IP address" does not start with 192.168 , then for security reasons, erase the last half of your IP address.