LuisMS

Router Linksys WRT54G not working. Please help!

My router stopped working yesterday. I suddenly had no internet connection, and I initially thought it was due to my internet provider. So I contacted them and after some tests, I connected my cable modem to the ethernet adapter of my PC, restarted the modem, and the internet connection was restored. So, the problem was in my router.

I'm trying again to connect the router (cable modem --> router ---> ethernet card in my pc) but it doesn't work.

I also uninstalled my firewall in case it was somewhat blocking the router, and updated its firmware to the last version. But still, it doesn'taccess the internet. I can access the router configuration via http protocol as usual but I have no idea what else to do.

Could you please give me a hand?

picohat

Re: Router Linksys WRT54G not working. Please help!

Advise you to reset router by pressing reset button at the back of router for 30s-1m while it's powered on, after that reconfigure router again with default username/password. I faced this problem before, and router reconfiguration solved the problem. If you need more helps, can take a look on this wireless router configuration article. Hope it helps.  

picohat

Home Network, Wireless Network Help

vai_fan

Have you tried resetting the router after upgrading the firmware not then, Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button..Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and reconnect the power cable..Now reconfigure your router...

Go to Setup Page of Linksys and Under setup tab, Click on Mac Address Clone,Check enable and click on "Clone Your PC's Mac " and Click on Save setting.Now turnoff computer,router and the cable modem....wait for 1 minute and turn-on the modem,wait for 2 minute and then turn ON the router and restart the computer..It should work now !!!! 

LuisMS

Thanks both of you for your replies! I will try your solutions. But before that I have to say that I have no idea whereabouts the setup CD of my router is after 2-3 years having my router. I'm not sure if I will need the default key/password after resetting it and if it's stored in that CD, so I'm a little afraid to do it before asking.

Any suggestion?

LuisMS

Please, do I need the install CD of the router after resetting it? What's the default login/password?
picohat

After resetting router, you don't need install CD of the router in order to re-configure it, you can configure it manually. If you need moer ideas, can have a look on this WRT54G wireless router configuration help.

Linksys router -->  default username: (leave it blank) password:admin

Hope able to help you..