Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
grovebaby

Router history

Does a router like a wrt54g, store a history of IP addresses that it has been to. If I bought a router from someone that hasa been used, does it still have stored IP addresses of web sites and if so can they be cleared? Thanks
Zeus07

Re: Router history

Have you tried following the reset procedure?  You may want to make sure you have all the settings written down somewhere BEFORE you reset it - you will need to go through and re-enter you rdesired settings...

If there is an easier way to simply clear that history, I am not aware of it.
grovebaby

Do you mean power cycling it?
bmck

It does not store this info
Zeus07

Too funny - I should have read your question better - because I would be very surprised if it stored any sort of history.

Nonetheless, if I bought a used router, I would probably reset it (but note the previous settings) and then configure it for my needs,  The reset on a Linksys router is usually powering the router off, and then after a few seconds, holding in the reset button while powering it back on -- continuing to hold the reset button for several seconds before releasing it.  For specific instructions on a specific router, I would consult the documentation for that specific device.  If you don't have a hard copy, you can get it online at linksys.com