Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cachoo

Router keeps disconnecting from internet.

[ Edited ]
I just got my router and it stops working every hour or so.  I have to reset my router because If I try to start the cd again it says that I cannot get a router connection.  If I reset the router and restart everthing it works again for a short time.  What should I do? It is the WRT54G.

I am connected via comcast cable-RCA modem... If when it disconnects I hook the cable straight in to my computer from the modem it works fine.

Message Edited by cachoo on 05-30-200707:45 PM

Message Edited by cachoo on 05-30-200707:49 PM

Skrobes66

Re: Router keeps disconnecting from internet.

I am having the same problem, but I keep getting bumped every 10 minutes.
amcbride

I'm having the same problem, but with a Wireless-B router. It didn't used to do this. Now it seems like every time I reset it, it works for a shorter and shorter time before giving out again. I bought it used... is it just dying of old age?
Corleone

ensure that the router has the latest firmware .. to check the latest available firmware , go to www.linksys.com/download
to check the current firmware on the router , access the router using http://192.168.1.1
if not the latest , upgrade it..after the upgrade , reset the router and reconfigure it ...

cachoo

I did the live chat with one of the linksys fellows and he walked me through it. Now it works fine
amcbride

Cool. What was it? Did the firmware need updating?