sjbrown23

Router not reconnecting after power failure

I am having problems w/ my router after the power goes off at my house..  for some reason after the power comes back on, the router does not 'reconnect' until I either plug the yellow cable into a different port in the back and / or unplug the power supply, wait a few seconds and reconnect it....

anyone with this same problem and / or suggestions?

Thanks!
Crazytree

Re: Router not reconnecting after power failure

I have the same problem, I have to hard reset my router after a power failure.
Gumboot

It seems I'm in the same boat.  I've had my WRT54G for about a year and a half and, although I've had to cycle the power from time to time in order to re-establish connectivity, I've never encountered the following problem. 

In the last few weeks my router has been blocking wireless connectivity after I recycle the power.  I can still connect to the WAN if I'm plugged in via ethernet cable but cannot get to the Internet if I'm connected through wireless.  My PC shows full (5 bars) connectivity and I can see other PC's on the home network but I can't get email or open web pages.

The only way to get my wireless access back is to reset the router back to factory default and then reconfigure all the wireless security.

I've noticed a setting on the router under the Administration/Management to enable or disable "Wireless Access Web".  Does anyone know if there is a bug in the router firmware that disables this Wireless Access Web when the router is recycled?
Gollum

It seems that router is not porperly configured ......
So reset the router to factory default & reconfigure it .....
Also chec the firmware on the router .....
sjbrown23

I checked the other day and for my router (w/ Vonage) there isn't a firmware upgrade at this time (I think is the model # is WRTP54G). I'll reset and reconfigure and will wait until the next outage and see what happens (though I just reconfigured it a few months ago). Thanks