terry123

SSID, Password, KEY ???

I recently had Firedog install a wireless Linksys router WRT54G for my home computer(sony laptop).  When setting it up he asked me to come up with a UserID(which i did), and then a password(which I did).  Once he was completed he left me  a piece of paper with these 2 things written down and also had a "Key" number written down with a note that said "you will need to insert the key in order to gain internet access".  Now my question is when i try and get on to my routers set up page and even try to do port forwarding, i get to the userid and password screen and every combination of these 3 things(SSID, Password, and/or KEY) doesn't seem to work and i finally get the ol' 401 error.  I downloaded PCCONFIG from Portforward.com in order to have the port forwarded using a program because i'm not at a high level when it comes to computers.  Once i do everything, of course i get an error when it asks for my userid and password.  Any ideas on what i should do?  Thanks so much!!!!
meteor

Re: SSID, Password, KEY ???

terry123 wrote:
I recently had Firedog install a wireless Linksys router WRT54G for my home computer(sony laptop).  When setting it up he asked me to come up with a UserID(which i did), and then a password(which I did).  Once he was completed he left me  a piece of paper with these 2 things written down and also had a "Key" number written down with a note that said "you will need to insert the key in order to gain internet access".  Now my question is when i try and get on to my routers set up page and even try to do port forwarding, i get to the userid and password screen and every combination of these 3 things(SSID, Password, and/or KEY) doesn't seem to work and i finally get the ol' 401 error.  I downloaded PCCONFIG from Portforward.com in order to have the port forwarded using a program because i'm not at a high level when it comes to computers.  Once i do everything, of course i get an error when it asks for my userid and password.  Any ideas on what i should do?  Thanks so much!!!!

Key stands for ur wireless network key -password . which u need to enter while  connecting ur wireless connection on computer to router.
as far as the password is concerned , dat maybe of routers.
though u don know ur username either .
the only solution at the moment is , to reset ur router to factory default settings.

how to reset?

push the small button on the back of the router ,known as reset button.
for 30 seconds.
den release , unplug the power cable , plug in the power cable for router after 30 seconds.

den ur router password will default to admin , and u can access it
and re configure ur router.

hope it gonna help u .
pe@c3
~~~Nobudy's Perfect , i try To Be So ! Each n every moment of maH LYF , AND I THINK dat wats make Me "Different" From others....~~~
terry123

i do know both the SSID and the password(the dude wrote it down). are these the 2 things that i should use when i get the userid and password screen when initially typing 192.168.1.100 into the URL address field or when using PFconfig to do a port forward?
terry123

is SSID not the userid?
meteor

terry123 wrote:
is SSID not the userid?

SSID - is ur network name . For the wireless network.
and username for ur router is a totally different thing.

u need the username and password to access the routers web user interfact.
i.e: 192.168.1.1

and SSID and key u use , to connect n access ur wireless network, or shld i say
to recognize ur wifi network with ur own defined SSID (network name.)

pe@c3

~~~Nobudy's Perfect , i try To Be So ! Each n every moment of maH LYF , AND I THINK dat wats make Me "Different" From others....~~~
terry123

thank you.......maybe the username that i gave him is not what he put in.  He didn't write the username on the piece of paper he left.  Looks like i need to call Firedog.
meteor

terry123 wrote:
thank you.......maybe the username that i gave him is not what he put in.  He didn't write the username on the piece of paper he left.  Looks like i need to call Firedog.

No worries , well
Did ya tried with the username - firedog??
cause i have seen ,geeksquad and comcast ppl , do set up ther usernames n pws sme as ther names.

U can give it a shot.

Else u can just reset n reconfigure ur router , which i really dont Preffer to do urself.
contact Linksys support or firedog.

pe@c3