Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
investor1990

Samsung BD-D5300 Blu-ray causing IP conflicts

I just bought a Samsung BD-D5300 Blu-ray player that allows a bunch of networking options including wireless and wired. I was using the wired option when I came across some conflicts with my network using a Linksys WRT350N v1. The Samsung conflicted with the Linksys's DHCP server. The blu-ray player turns off automatically when inactive. It was causing conflicts with my iPad 2, MacBook Pro and Motorola Atrix android phone whenever it got assigned an IP address. When I reset the router and my cable modem, it wasn't assigned an address for awhile, which fixed things, but as soon as it got an address again, it was caused conflicts by being seen as a LAN by my router. When it wasn't receiving an address, it got the automatic private IP address of 169.x.x.x. When I removed the connection with my router, the conflicts disappeared and my computers were able to access my wifi again. I just sent a message to Samsung about this and I'm waiting for a response, but I thought I would post my solution here in case someone else is having the same issue.

Expert
Expert

Re: Samsung BD-D5300 Blu-ray causing IP conflicts

Set a static IP address on your blue-ray.