Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
odools

Samsung Blueray C5500 won't connect to my E2000 using Samsung wireless LAN (WIS09ABGN)

After dealing with Samsung tech support I was able to get the blueray to connect to internet with a wired ethernet connection, but it won't work with a wireless connection.  Per tech support I need to open ports 80, 443 and 8080 on my router.  I browsed this sight but I'm still not sure how I open those ports.  One message showed a way but it also said I need to get the IP address of the bluray, but that's confusing??  Do I need the IP of the Samsung Link Stick?  Where do I find that?  How do I open ports?

Thanks

ridcully

Re: Samsung Blueray C5500 won't connect to my E2000 using Samsung wireless LAN (WIS09ABGN)

Open the setup page of the router. Go to Applications and gaming tab. Click on Port triggering sub tab.

In application name type ABC. In start and end port type the port number 80. Again in  start and end port box type 80. Check the box enabled.

In seconds application type DEF, In start and end port type 443. Check the box enable.

In this way you can try to open the ports on the router.

If that doesn't work then you will need to use port forwarding. In this case you will need to check the IP address of Blu ray. I think if you go network settings of Blu ray, you will find the IP address of the device.

sleepyhead101

Re: Samsung Blueray C5500 won't connect to my E2000 using Samsung wireless LAN (WIS09ABGN)

try this, click here.