Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rainynw

Security key

I forgot my security key. How do I add/replace with a new key????
great_white

Re: Security key

if you have a linksys router , follow these steps :
1)connect a computer to the router's port 1
2)access the router using http://192.168.1.1 .. the default password is admin
3)on the web ui , click on the "wireless" tab and click on "wireless security" under it
4)check / change the security key from here...
kemfire

I got to the point of clicking on "wireless security" but don't see anything that lets me change anything.   I still can't find the security key number. Can you help?

Thanks

little bear

Great White I wanted to thank you for the information on finding security key. I know the post is dated but info still relevant. Recently purchased a new computer and was having difficulty find key to connect with router. Router was already connected properly internet connection would work w/out the blue cable wire connecting router to my laptop. You have made my day. Thanks Great White. The instructions was simple and easy to follow.
Curryzazle

I'm not able to login to this ip address, it says could not find the site...please help

Joice charles

Is the username and password that you have mentioned suposed to be taken from this site or is there supposed to be a different username and password... please get back to me as soon as you can. thank you

Joice charles

@ Little bear, Great shark or anyone else who has been succesful, your input would be greatly appreciatd

Brute

Ladies, really you have no problems, just call Linksys Phone Support at 1-800-326-7114. Only thing you need to know when you call is the Model of your Router and are you running it wired or wireless.

tomvu50

how can i find my linksys security key to add my new desktop computer?

Can I use  my linksys USB  adapter WUSB100  for above  computer( Windows 7)?

Thanks

Tom Vu

Edygirl

I got the 10 digit security key and connected to wireless router with it and now I'm not getting an 'internet connection'.  I tried pinging the ip and got 'timeout errors'.  What is wrong?  Please help!

Thxs for all the info I've got here.