Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
peterfoster

Set-Up Wizard CD & Hard Copy Quick Installation Guides for WRT54G & WRT54GS

I've currently got a WRT54G and have an opportunity to buy a WRT54GS. The problem is that the seller of the WRT54GS has lost the Set-Up Wizard CD & Hard Copy Quick Installation Guide. Obviously I have these items already with my WRT54G. My question is this. Are these items different for the WRT54G or will the stuff I already have for the WRT54G "work" for the WRT54GS. Thanks.
castor

Re: Set-Up Wizard CD & Hard Copy Quick Installation Guides for WRT54G & WRT54GS

Well you can get guide and setup wizard on internet, go to www.linksys.com/download and select appropriate version no of WRT54GS and download the guide and setup wizard…
peterfoster

Thanks, caster.
luisjunco

Johnny Shaw

Re: Set-Up Wizard CD & Hard Copy Quick Installation Guides for WRT54GS

I have one router that is connected to my P.C and it,s a WRT54GS2 V1 and my daughter Laptop is connected to this router and the only way it is running now unless the ethernet cord is connect to the router I had the Cd but can,t find it will you help please.

ScarletJamie

Hi Johnny Shaw, this link will help you access the router page http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=3698. After you configure the wireless settings of this router, just open this link http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=32036bdcd9dd44ec94f94fc5f6da666f_Connecting_wirele... this will give you directions on how to connect the wireless computer to the network.

Dan R.

Help. I just replaced my modem with a new one (D-Link-5208) and now my WRT54G linksys wireless router does not work. I don'h have the original CD. How do I adjust the router to the new modem? This stuff is just about beyond me. Thanks, Dan

zmae

What is the ip address of your new modem? Connect a computer to it and open a command prompt and do ipconfig. If the ip address starts with 192.168.1.xxx then there is a possible ip address conflict. What you need to do is change the router's address so that you will be able to use the router with your new modem.

Open the link below and follow the steps about "Cascading the Linksys router to another router
(LAN-WAN)"

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=785463d9ecaf4cac84aed245b08d615f_3733.xml&pid=80&r...

Dan R.

Thanks for answering. The modem has the same address as the router 192.168.1.1  I managed to get in there once and changed the last digit to a 2 but it didn't fix the problem. I did not disable the DHCP server. Should I have? 

Now I can't seem to get back in there at all. I tried to use both 1 and 2 as a last digit but can't come up with the setup page again. When I try to go to the set up page, the modem needs to be connected to the router, correct? The instructions don't explicitly say to but they tell you to launch a brouser. The trouble is there is no internet connection because the router doesn't let it through. I can't figure out what I did the one time I did get in.

I tried to call Linksys but they want money to tell me how to fix this problem. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks loads, Dan

Expert
sabretooth

[ Edited ]

Disconnect the router completely and verify your modem IP address.  Let's assume it is 192.168.1.1.  Now connect just your computer to the router, nothing else and set the IP to 192.168.1.2. 

You may have to connect to the router at 192.168.1.1 first and then change the IP.  Now go back and connect the two.  Power on modem first, wait 2 mins.  Power on router and check your settings.