Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rmoniuk

Setting Router Administration Password in Cisco Connect (E4200)

When installing Cicso Connect I managed to set the wireless password and the router administration password to the same setting. I need to change the router administration password but leave the router password unchanged. When I do this through the web interface, Cisco Connect gives an error message and forces me to set it back to the wireless connection password.

How do I get separate and distinct passwords for wireless connection and router administration?

forsaken

Re: Setting Router Administration Password in Cisco Connect (E4200)

You said that you Internet Connection type is DSL…So what is the IP address that you are getting from the Router? You can check the IP address in the following manner:

If you wish to find out your own IP address, you should run the same ms-dos prompt by clicking Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. A black pop up box should come up, type: "ipconfig /all" … There check the IP address and Default Gateway under LAN….

# Open up the browser and on the address bar type “IP address of Default Gateway” that will open up the Router setup page…

# Click on wireless tab and then click on the “Wireless Security” sub tab there you can check whether it is secured or not… If not then you can even secure the wireless network…

Secondly you can check and identify the IP address, mac address or the name of the Device but you cannot actually identify the person by name who is connected to your wireless network and even you won’t get any alert for that…

greencross

forsaken wrote:

You said that you Internet Connection type is DSL…So what is the IP address that you are getting from the Router? You can check the IP address in the following manner:

If you wish to find out your own IP address, you should run the same ms-dos prompt by clicking Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. A black pop up box should come up, type: "ipconfig /all" … There check the IP address and Default Gateway under LAN….

# Open up the browser and on the address bar type “IP address of Default Gateway” that will open up the Router setup page…

# Click on wireless tab and then click on the “Wireless Security” sub tab there you can check whether it is secured or not… If not then you can even secure the wireless network…

Secondly you can check and identify the IP address, mac address or the name of the Device but you cannot actually identify the person by name who is connected to your wireless network and even you won’t get any alert for that…

Sounds unrelated.

@rmoniuk, maybe you should change the wireless network password instead? 

forsaken

Instead of changing the wireless password as you want you (rmoniuk) can even try to do the following step which will change the Router login password…

# Open the Cisco Connect Software in which you have installed and Click on “Router Settings”….

# Then click on “Advanced Settings” that will open the Router Setup page….

# Then click on Administration Tab there you will able to see to change the Router Password… So change the password from there for the Router login…

After doing these settings check whether those changes are working or not…

greencross

He's already done that.