marie82886
Accepted Solution

Setting Up LG Wireless Adaptor to work with WRT54G router

My parents recently bought a High Def LG television and they got a wireless LG Adaptor for it (AN-WF100). My brother was able to insall it, but when we try to connect to the router, we get an error message saying that DHCP needs to be enabled. From what I can see when I go into the router settings, DHCP is enabled. We are pulling our hair out trying to figure out what settings we need on the router to make this work. We have tried both setting up the connection automatically and manually with the IP, Gateway, etc. I don't know what other information is needed, but I will provide further details if anyone has any ideas. We also have two applications set up under the Applications and Gaming tab (Nintendo DS and Wii). I don't know if that could be interfering with anything. Any help would be appreciated!

gandalf

Re: Setting Up LG Wireless Adaptor to work with WRT54G router

You are trying to connect to the wireless network. Make sure that you have correct wireless network settings.

Open the setup page of the router. Go to Wireless tab. Check the wireless network name. Go to wireless security sub tab and check the security settings. Note down the correct network key/password.

Go to wireless MAC filter sub tab and make sure that it is disabled.

Try to connect to the wireless network again and see if that works.

If it is not getting IP address automatically then you can try to assign static IP address to the TV.

You have Nintendo and Wii connected to the network and working wirelessly then I think the wireless router is working fine.

Make sure that firmware on the router is upgraded.

marie82886

Thanks for the suggestions, but we had already done everything you mentioned except for setting it up as a static IP. How might I go about that? We can get through selecting our wireless connection and inputting our passkey. The problem comes when we try to test the connection between the TV and the router. I get a message that says Failed to connect to the network. Check if DHCP is set in gateway. If it is not set in gateway, trying setting up the connection manually. We have tried to do it manually by entering in the IP, gateway, etc. Any ideas?

marie82886

After spending two hours on the phone with the Geek Squad (thanksfully it was free), we found the problem to be that the router was set to WEP settings and it needs to be WPA. Too bad the Nintendo DS only supports WEP. I guess I can just switch back to WEP when I go online on the DS. :smileytongue:  Thanks for taking the time to help!

LKKelly

I believe I have the same issue.  New router, new LG 550 with WIFI Dongle.  Router works with everything else but TV cannot connect.  I'm receiving same message as Marie.    HOw/where to I find and correct the WEP to WPA?

Thanks!

mbpintab12

I'm having the exact same problem and I've changed the security setting to WPA.  Any additional information you can share?

Brenda

LKKelly wrote:

I believe I have the same issue.  New router, new LG 550 with WIFI Dongle.  Router works with everything else but TV cannot connect.  I'm receiving same message as Marie.    HOw/where to I find and correct the WEP to WPA?

Thanks!

The WEP/WPA was set by the one who configured the router. Make sure you are entering the correct character and it is case sensitive. :smileywink: