Setting my router to WPA2 security

I have a Linksys WRT330N router running firmware version v1.00.3

It currently is running WEP security but I want to secure it even better but dont know how to get it set to WPA2 security.

How do I do this thru my router?

Thanks

Re: Setting my router to WPA2 security

Well, how many computers/devices are connecting to your router? Because if you're gonna change it, you might run into some issues with your other devices.

Then again, here's a link I found that might help you. Smiley Happy

Audere est facere

At this time we have 1 pc hardwired to the router and 2 pc`s (1 desktop and 1 laptop) connecting wirelessly. I have a Microsoft Zune that connnects to my router but not my buddys. He has WPA2 set up. Its not a big deal if my Zune wont connect thru my router if I would be using WPA2 security.

I may be purchasing an Ipad though after chrismas. Hope that would connect to WPA2 fine.

I`ll check over the link you supplied and see if that cam tell me anything.

Looks as though there is other choices I have/

PSK personal

PSK2 personal

PSK Enterprise

PSK2 Enterprise

Is PSK2 = WPA2? And whats the difference between personal and Enterprise. Our 3 pcs are only for home use, not for buiseness.

Sorry posted this before I read the link you added. This explains what "personal and Enterprise" mean.

Any update on your connectivity issue?

Audere est facere

I tried setting to WPA2 personal, rebooted router but my wireless pc couldnt connect. The wired pc still does. I got this message on my wireless pc "The settings saved on this pc for the network do not match the requirements of the network."

In a link earlier in this thred was one to a Linksys help page. When it talks on how to set up WPA2 settings it says to enter "passphrase" but what I see doesnt say passphrase anywhere, just pre shared key. Is this an area for a new passphrase? My current passphrase has a couple extra digets.

READ THE MANUAL!!!!!

Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada