Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
NitroTech

Setting router WRT54G v2.2

hi

i used this router to some wifi old connection (via coax cable - i lost 2nd antene). later i get new connection, bought some new d-link, but this d-link got broken now and i want use this good old one linksys :smileyhappy:

since i forgot login, pass i resetted him and updated newest possible found firmware: 4.21.1

i set up provider's login pass and so on. i have DSL. i cant make it work. when i press connect it say: cant get ip from ppoe server

i look on that tutorials how set router when dsl, when via cable but i doesnt work and i havent there option that renew or make new some dhcp automatic setting. even automatic isnt there

thank you

aalmari

Re: Setting router WRT54G v2.2

For DSL connection do you have a username and password from your DSL ISP?

The username is on an email format.

Because since you cannot grab any IP address if your wired to the router then it might be you need to set the router's Internet Connection type to PPPoE.

Internet Connection Type can be found on the Set-up Tab on the UserInterface of the router.

After setting Internet Connection type to PPPoE you will be asked for the username and password. That is the username and password from your ISP.

NitroTech wrote:

hi

i used this router to some wifi old connection (via coax cable - i lost 2nd antene). later i get new connection, bought some new d-link, but this d-link got broken now and i want use this good old one linksys :smileyhappy:

since i forgot login, pass i resetted him and updated newest possible found firmware: 4.21.1

i set up provider's login pass and so on. i have DSL. i cant make it work. when i press connect it say: cant get ip from ppoe server

i look on that tutorials how set router when dsl, when via cable but i doesnt work and i havent there option that renew or make new some dhcp automatic setting. even automatic isnt there

thank you

♥'s TECHNICAL
NitroTech

[ Edited ]

i know how to set those things im not ****

problem is that roiter is so old - resp/ firmware is old that cannnot make some automatic settings, renew or some random numbers setting

in status. i can see this:

ip address: 0.0.0.0

subnet mask: 0.0.0.0

default gateway: 0.0.0.0

so router cant load it, but it set manually those numbers - same as from dlink router. since i dont know WHAT exactly numbers to fill there i copied from dlink setttlings

castor

Can you access the Internet when you connect the computer directly to the modem?

Bypass the router and connect the computer directly to the modem. Try to access the Internet through the modem.

Check the IP address on your computer when you connect the computer to the modem. What IP address do you get from the modem?

Connect the modem to the Internet port and computer to Ethernet port on the router. Press and hold the reset button on the router for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the router.

Open the setup page of the router and go to Status tab. On that status tab you will see the Internet connection type as Automatic configuration DHCP. Check the Internet IP address on the status page.

If you get IP address like 192.168.1.xxx then change the Local IP address of the router to 192.168.2.1. Save the settings and power cycle the router. See if that works.

NitroTech

i have "new" firmware but still too old to not containing that automatic settings

may i pm u all screenshots from all pages of router to check it ?

oook

Try to reset and reconfigure the router again .

Press the reset and hold it for 30 seconds .

Power cycle the router and modem .

Open the setup page of router using 192.168.1.1 ( User name= blank , password= ' admin ' ) .

Go to the Status tab on the router and Check the Internet IP Address .

If it is 0.0.0.0 than Click on Setup tab and Change the Internet Connection type to PPPoE .

Put in the User name and Password provided by the Internet Service provider , Save the Settings .

Click on the Status tab again and check the IP .

Power cycle the network and see if you are able to access the Internet .

NitroTech

ip, subnet, gateweay all blank so not working

firmware is from nov 2006 so old

Expert
sabretooth

Upgrade the router's firmware to the latest level.  Hard reset the router and reconfigure it.

NitroTech

i told i did

newest what is possible get from linksys site for my one: WRT54G v2.2   is from november 2006

peanuts

If the IP Address ids 0.0.0.0 on the Status page of the Linksys router then Click on the Setup tab .

Select the Internet connection type as PPPoE put in the user name and password provided by Internet Service Provider .

Configure the wireless settings on your router and Check if you get any IP Address on the Status page of your router .