Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
nyappykimi

Settings on computer don't match network settings

So I've been having a problem with connecting to wireless internet through my WRT160N router with my Windows 7 laptop. Someone helped me out by upgrading the firmware on the router. He says everything is fine now but all I have to do is change the settings so that my computer and network settings match because when I try to connect to the network, it says, "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network". I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.
Expert
sabretooth

Re: Settings on computer don't match network settings

Assuming you are connecting to your unique SSID, just to make sure you can connect wirelessly to the router, disable all security on the router and your wireless PC.  See if you can just connect and access the internet.  Once you are satisfied now go back and add security to the router first and then those settings must match your wireless computer.
dibbler

Re: Settings on computer don't match network settings

As you upgraded the firmware on the router,I would suggest you to reset the router and reconfigure the router.On the router,change the SSID to some unique name...On the computer delete all the preferred network and try to connect the wireless network again..