JamieMcD

Shoutcast will not play when going through router, not a port issue (I think) EA3500

I have been trying to connect to an online radio station, a shoutcast. I am unable to do this when connected to my EA3500. I do not think it is a port issue since I can connect to a different station using the same port. I can listen to many other shoutcast streams with no problems.

A friend with an older Linksys router is able to connect to the station with no problems.

I have turned off the ipv4 firewall, ipv6 firewall. I've tried DMZ, port triggering, forwarding. Still the stream will not play. I use the Winamp player, Windows Media player, Real player. All the other shoutcast streams I have tried work, but not the one I need to work.

If I bypass the router it works fine on any of my 4 pc desktops, 4 laptops. My iphone using the winamp app can not get the stream if using the wirless, but can if I turn off wirless and use 3G.

I am writing a radio series for this station and it starts airing the show in a couple of weeks, I really want to be able to hear it without eating up my data on my phone.

Help :smileyfrustrated: Please

jaymay

Re: Shoutcast will not play when going through router, not a port issue (I think) EA3500

Hi! Who is your internet service provider? What is the make or brand and model of your modem? Weird that your able to connect to different stations using the same port but not with that radio station that you want to connect. Btw, what is the port number that you are using? Are you using the cloud firmware or the classic?

JamieMcD

Re: Shoutcast will not play when going through router, not a port issue (I think) EA3500

[ Edited ]

My ISP is Comcast and the modem says Ubee. I bought router yesterday, EA3500 and have not updated the firmware so classic. I was having the same issue with the E3200 that I replaced. (whole differant story there).

I can listen to all sorts of the shoutcast stations, but when I try the one I need  using Winamp I get "access denied" but bypass the router and it works.

I have no problem with a differant station that has the same port.

This is the station I need to hear,  http://50.117.26.26:7340

and this is just one I found while troubleshooting, that has the same port.  http://91.197.138.3:7340

I have a friend that also has Comcast (in a differant state) and an older Linksys router and he has no trouble.

VALETLINKSYS

JamieMcD wrote:

My ISP is Comcast and the modem says Ubee. I bought router yesterday, EA3500 and have not updated the firmware so classic. I was having the same issue with the E3200 that I replaced. (whole differant story there).

I can listen to all sorts of the shoutcast stations, but when I try the one I need  using Winamp I get "access denied" but bypass the router and it works.

and this is just one I found while troubleshooting, that has the same port.  http://91.197.138.3:7340

I have a friend that also has Comcast (in a differant state) and an older Linksys router and he has no trouble.

Have you already tried updating your linksys router ? 

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
jaymay

JamieMcD wrote:

7340 is the port you are using for that shoutcast your trying to access, right? What is the internet IP address you're getting on the Status page on the router - is it the 91.197.138.3 or a different one?

Expert
jlbjlb

I would reset the EA3500 to factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button for 15 seconds.

You shouldn't have to mess with port forwarding if all you're doing is listening......I wouldn't think anyway.

The only thing I can think of is older linksys routers had the "filter multicast" box checked by default.  The newer routers have "filter multicast" unchecked by default.

So try going to security tab and try the filter multicast as they may be sending out multicast.

JamieMcD

[ Edited ]

I am a little afraid of the update. When I did the firmware update on the E3200 it started to lose connection randomly. So I upgraded to this one.

I just took this router the EA3500 out of the box last night, it still has factory settings except for cloneing my mac address and for wireless I only allow listed mac address to access the wireless.

I also checked the filter mulicast and it still didn't let in the stream, so I unchecked the box.

I'm pulling my hair out.  Thanks for the suggestions, please keep them coming maybe something will work.

Expert
jlbjlb

If you've been making a lot of settings changes, like firewall, port forwarding, etc..... then you should definitely reset the router to factory defaults.

Any time your turning things off and on a lot, things can definitely get messed up in a router.

JamieMcD

I didn't change ports on this one. Just disabled then changed it back the firewall, and the muilticast check box. I did the mac address. I did all the other changes on the other router.

If I do factory reset will I have to put all the mac address back in? Should I try the muilticast filter again, and reboot the router and then test it?

Expert
jlbjlb

yes.  But I wouldn't mess around with that mac filtering.  Just use WPA2 wireless security and you'll be fine.

Also, uncheck the "block anonymous internet requests" box.  And make sure UPnP is enabled.