Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dcowley

Re: Slow Internet Connection Linksys e1500 Router

Merry Christmas:smileyvery-happy:

demcwill

I experienced the same problem with two E1500 routers (pathetic ~ .3Mbps download speeds over wireless, yet "full speed" 4.2Mbps upload over wireless and "full speed" over wired connections). I "fixed" by disabling WMM support (Applications & Gaming > QoS > WMM Support). Now my wireless connection is ~ 20Mbps/4.2Mbps (perfect for the current ISP subscription at the location of interest). Note: firmware was flashed to latest revision, 1.0.02, prior to any configuring.

kven86

This issue has already been confirmed by the tech support, I am now waiting for the new firmware that solves this issue, it has been over 2 months since I complained but the tech only confirmed this issue on the 19th of Dec 2011.

Jsbasara

Had the same problem with sudden decrease in speed from 30Mbps to .5 Mbps. Followed advice to disable WMM. Wifi speed restored to 30Mbps. Thanks for the tip. Cisco is better than this.
Lupos

I had exactly the same problem but disabling WMM fixed it immediately.

Thanks to all for posting this solution - avoided calling Cisco.

kven86

Cisco's tech are taking a very long time to come up with a fix, can't be that slow, version 1.0.0 does not have this problem,  It is now over a month since I brought this problem up and them working on this problem.   This is not very good at all.

sunday06

[ Edited ]

ive had exactly the same problem with the e1500 after firmware update. Using inSSIDer, showed me that i was only connecting at 140n speeds on WIFI. Then i disabled WMM and tested again and it was connecting at 300n. Funny. Nothing new from linksys. i just returned their x3000. After firmware update on the x3000, wireless devices couldnt connect to any media servers through the x3000. Cant you guys at linksys make proper firmware? cant wait till DDWRT release a firmware for the e1500.

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

kven86

Yep, its terrible, i have been emailing their tech on this issue now coming to 2 months, and the latest reply I got was there is no ETA on the fix, but rest assured the engineers are working on a fix...  kinda **bleep**.  There are not even willing to let me RMA and get the original ver 1.0.0 which does not have this problem.

sunday06

The least they can do is put up the previous versions of firmware for all their products. At least we can fall back to sum thing more stable and wait for a proper release. Linksys is it that hard to have previous firmware on the site? You guys should listen more to your customers.
Brenda

We have to wait for the fix on this one. Since one of you said that they knew this is their bug. :smileywink: