Re: Speed drops to 1.0 mbps...

Alright so here's whats up, I've deducted that it isn't my router! I have tried all of the above things, and I just got my laptop brandnew and that connects perfectly, so I can only assume it's my WMP54GS adapter for my desktop, it isn't the location because my laptop gets a perfect connection, I've updated drivers, firmware, some people even said try broadcom's drivers which I have and no change whatsoever. Today we just upgraded all of our phones to 5 ghz so that isn't an issue anymore, and also theres only one other wireless connection that's even broadcasting SSID in my area and its pretty darn far away but the signal isn't always picked up, and it's always very very low if it does. I'm at the point where I'm willing to try anything so please save me Smiley Sad

was suffering same problem and managed to fix it. try this. go to add remove programs and uninstall the linksys ap program that was automatically installed when you first set it up. it will prompt for restart. do so.

then when it reboots, put the cd in the drive, do not run the install for the linksys program. exit out of this.
go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager to locate the new piece of hardware that is not being recognised by your system (because you just uninstalled the drivers before rebooting).

browse to the cd and go to the drivers folder, select the version of the wireless card that you have. The system will install the drivers only and everything should work fine. Have done this and my speed is up to 54mbps and i am quite happy with that.

1) upgrade the routers firmware or reflash the firmware version.
2) after you upgrade the firmware... reset router for 30 seconds, unplug power and power it up again.
3) reconfigure router as per ISP.
4) change wireless settings:
SSID: any name
Channel: 11
Beacon: 50
► no need to change RTS and Frag

If your computer is using a linksys adapter, use netcheck at www. linksys.com/easy to verify if it's configured properly or if it's using the latest driver and software version.

I've had this problem many times before as well. Where the connection is strong but the speed will drop first to 36, then, 18, 11, 5.5, 2, and then to 1 mbps.

I used to just unplug the modem/router and sometimes it would work but i took the advice from one of the previous posts. At my router page (192.168.1.1), log in, click wireless, and i changed my wireless channel to the first one and put it to G only and my speed went right to 54mbps.

I hope you get yours working I know how frustrating this problem is :/

Awesome!!! I have been trying to solve this problem for ages. You were 100% right. I tried a few other methods editing the settings in the modem itself and all it needed was to remove the drivers and do what you said. You're a legend mate. Thanks to you my linksys wireless modem is running at 54 Mbps like it should. Cheers!

In Reply To:

Re: Speed drops to 1.0 mbps... rhino223

rhino223

was suffering same problem and managed to fix it. try this. go to add remove programs and uninstall the linksys ap program that was automatically installed when you first set it up. it will prompt for restart. do so.

then when it reboots, put the cd in the drive, do not run the install for the linksys program. exit out of this.
go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager to locate the new piece of hardware that is not being recognised by your system (because you just uninstalled the drivers before rebooting).

browse to the cd and go to the drivers folder, select the version of the wireless card that you have. The system will install the drivers only and everything should work fine. Have done this and my speed is up to 54mbps and i am quite happy with that.10-10-200610:57 AM

Hi, 

Just faced the same issue; was able to resolve it pretty fast; this actually happens if any other router in your neighbourhood decides to use the same frequency as your router is using. Its a problem of network contention. 

There is a simpler solution; just update your wireless settings; change the Wireless > Basic Wireless > Wireless Channel to something else; and you should be good to go. 

thanks,