Trigger IP renew through location bar

Is there any way to trigger the IP renew function through the location bar?

eg. 192.168.1.1/iprenew.html or something.

Expert
Expert

Re: Trigger IP renew through location bar

Renew which IP? The one of your router or the one of your computer?

Computer: no.

Router: maybe. Depends on the router. Usually the option should be on the Status page of the router. If you use DHCP on the internet connection you should have a Release button there, then Renew. If you use PPPoE you should have a disconnect button there, then connect again.

Of course, there is no guarantee that you will get a different IP address from your ISP if that's what you are after. I think many ISPs will assign you the exact same IP address which you have had before.

Its a WRT54GC and I want to renew the router's IP address. I know where the button is to do it on the status page of the router's console.

The router loses internet access once in a while. Not sure if its because its a nested router, or if its just something wrong with my modem, or a problem with this router. But renewing the router's IP seems to make the problem go away. I was just wondering if there's a way to launch the IP renew script directly from my browser's location bar without having to go to the status page of the router every time. 

PS its nested under a RTP300 router. 

Who is your Internet Service Provider ?

First of all connect the computer directly to the modem,just to check if the connection from the modem is working or not..?

If the connection from the modem is working fine then,you need to do some settings on the router.

Try reducing the MTU value to 1300 on the router and then,check the connection.If still you are getting the same problem then,upgrade the router's firmware and reconfigure the router from scratch.

My ISP is Cogeco. There isn't a problem when I'm conected directly to my modem or the first router. I'll try the 1300 thing.

Thanks.