TimothyD

Trouble accessing router.

Hello, I have a RangePlus Wireless router (though the computer I'm currently using connects to it with a wire) and I wanted to look at the port forwarding. The problem is, whenever I try to connect to it by using the IP address 192.168.1.1 the page just says "connecting" forever and it never gets there. I'm fairly certain I have the correct ip address as 192.168.0.1. and .2.1 and .1.100 all fail quickly instead of displaying "connecting" .

What's odd is that when we first set up the router, I was able to connect using the ip address and change it from WPA to WEP , but I'm not sure what's preventing me now.

Aside from this the router has been working fine.

Re: Trouble accessing router.

just to make sure, go to: start>>run>>in the run box type  cmd  then the command prompt will open, type  ipconfig /all and find the default gateway, what is the ip address. that is what you should be typing into the address bar.

Good Luck,
Ttech
TimothyD

Thanks for the reply, the default gateway is 192.168.1.1 though, so it looks like I at least have that right.

Yes that is correct.

ttech

Try a power cycle by removing the power cord from the router, then remove the power cord from the modem, wait 60 seconds, plug back in the modem, then plug in the router, wait about 3 minutes for everything to sync up, and then try to access the set up page.

Good Luck,
Ttech

If the power cycle has not worked then you can perform a factory reset by holding in the reset button located on back of the router for 30 seconds (Note that any previous settings that you entered will be erased and you will need to enter those settings again.)

Good Luck,
Ttech
saber_tooth

Connect any other computer to the router & use browser to open the setup page http://192.168.1.1  ..... leave username blank & use admin as a password ....
If still showing same issue .... reset the router for few seconds ...
TimothyD

Sorry for the late reply, 4th of july weekend and all. I ended up doing the synchronization thing, and it worked, which was quite a surprise to me as I've been trying off and on over the past month or so and we've had several thunderstorms and other instances where the router and modem had to be unplugged, I guess we never plugged them back in  in the correct order/manner.

Thanks a lot!

[ Edited ]
No problem , glad I was able to help and happy to see you now are connected.

Ttech

Message Edited by Ttech on 07-08-2008 03:09 AM