wrestlinggiant

Trying to change NAT type to open from strict

I'm trying to change my NAT type on my PS3 from strict to open. My router is a WRT120N and I'm using cable internet. Please help me, and sort of dumb it down so I can understand what you're saying. Thanks a ton!!  :smileyhappy:

hiptechboy

Re: Trying to change NAT type to open from strict

What game are you trying to get an open nat for? What is the model number of your cable modem and have you enabled UPnP in the router?

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
wrestlinggiant

I have many games I'm trying to get open, but I guess MW3 is the big one. My model number on my modem is:0014F8CE13EE and I did enable UPnP

hiptechboy

That's not the model number, it's a mac address. Find the model number  (e.g SB6120) and tell me what it is. Try using the router's dmz feature to put the PS3 outside the firewall. Just use the PS3's mac address. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
vai_fan

Gaming consoles such as Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii often encounter NAT related issues resulting to poor gaming experience. This problem is resolved by checking the settings on your router which contribute to NAT issues.

This is due to the built-in firewall of the router and to get past this, you will need to open ports on the router. You may do this by either doing Port Forwarding or Port Triggering. Once the ports are successfully opened, the NAT Type issue will change to Open or Moderate this making the gaming console work.

When it comes to opening of the ports, you will need to set the IP settings on the gaming console to static to complete the set-up. This procedure will be further explained through the steps below.

Here is the link for resolving NAT type issues

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=22385&userrole=Links...