Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
BuyYouFishSandw

Two Wireless Routers, one primary, one slave?

I have one primary wireless router (with 4 ports) hooked up to my cable modem on one side of the house.  I have a wired, TV box that I want to purchase (like iTV) and run into my primary wireless router, however, the primary wireless router is upstairs, and my TV is downstairs.

Besides purchasing a wireless TV box like myhava,

I have another wireless router downstairs, let's call it the secondary wireless router. 

What settings do I need to place on both routers, so I can plug my wired-only TV box into the secondary router downstairs, and have it communicate wirelessly with my primary wireless router upstairs?

Thanks!!
BuyYouFishSandw

Re: Two Wireless Routers, one primary, one slave?

:womanvery-happy:
corelogic

If someone can post a response, please... My scenario: I have two WRT350N routers (router1 and router2) and would like to keep router1 as the main gateway and use router2 as a wireless hop to router1. I need the ability to accomplish this via wireless since I can not run a cable from router1 (gateway) to router2. Thanks in advance.
corelogic

Is there no way to link two WRT350N routers together on the same network other than with a ethernet patch cable?
corelogic

Can someone please tell us if this is even possible with this wireless router? Thanks in advance.
Badboy

hi !
           It is possible wht u will need to do is on router 2 disable the DHCP server & change the local IP to 192.168.1.2 save setting okay .... & be sure that the wireless setting both on router1 & router should be same ...
              When everything is perfect do a powercycle for the entire network !
                    It should be working then !