Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mester

Two wireless client cannot see each other - WRV200

Hi,

I have a WRV200 router, and now I have two wireless clients. For some reason the two client cannot see each other (even they cannot ping the other one).tIf I put one client to a wire it works and the can see each other.

I have  "mavis_write(SSID_Interoperability);Wireless Isolation (within SSID)" disabled on the Wireless Security page of the router.

How can I fix it?

dfever

Re: Two wireless client cannot see each other - WRV200

There are several reasons why computers cannot see each other.

1. Check the IP address of each computer, it should be unique to each other (e.g PC1 - 192.168.1.100 and PC2 - 192.168.1.101) and both should be on the same subnet.

2. Turn off any personal firewall (e.g Mc afee, Norton, etc).

3. Make sure ICS is disabled as well.

4. You can update the driver of the wireless card. I assumed that your wireless card is not (e.g SPRINT or VERIZON wi-fi) where the signal is coming for the Provider.

5. Double-check the VLAN on the router.

Mester

Thanks for your advices, but I've already checked all this things. I work as a system operator so I have some knowledges about networking.

All the machines has unique IP address but they can not ping each other even with the IP address.

profitshare

Disable the firewall

If you have norton add traffic rulles from another computer and allow all ports.

If it is win 7...make sure network discovery is turned on.

enable file sharing.

password protected off.

Make sure they are on the range.

Same network.

Mester

As I wrote it is not a software problem since if I put any of the thw wireless computers on wired connection it can see the other. I tried it with both.

Seems like Wireless Isolation is turned on although I set it disabled.

teki2k

Hi. Usually if both computers are able to go online but can't see each other, aside from advanced configuration on the router (such as VLAN or wireless isolation), you may also need to check the Windows configuration. Let's say file sharing is concern, it's more on Microsoft scope. However, I would suggest to start from the basic just to isolate the problem. If it's possible to reset the router and let the settings on default, I believe that would help also. You don't need to enable wireless security, just leave as it is (default) and see to it if both computers will be able to see each other. You may update the router's firmware also. Other than that, it will fall to Windows concern and not the router.
profitshare

I don't think so ip isolation has a co-relation with the problem. If you get it working I believe the router is not operating properly. Oberve the connection. I hope it is stable.
Mester

The problem was WITH THE ROUTER.

If I set Wireless Isolation (within) SSID: Enabled then the isolation is disabled, so the two computers can see each other within the same SSID.

If I set it to disabled then the isolation is enabled, so they can not see each other.

Maybe a fix would be great for this.