03-24-2010 11:53 AM
I have a WRV200 router, and now I have two wireless clients. For some reason the two client cannot see each other (even they cannot ping the other one).tIf I put one client to a wire it works and the can see each other.
I have "mavis_write(SSID_Interoperability);Wireless Isolation (within SSID)" disabled on the Wireless Security page of the router.
How can I fix it?
03-25-2010 09:04 AM
There are several reasons why computers cannot see each other.
1. Check the IP address of each computer, it should be unique to each other (e.g PC1 - 192.168.1.100 and PC2 - 192.168.1.101) and both should be on the same subnet.
2. Turn off any personal firewall (e.g Mc afee, Norton, etc).
3. Make sure ICS is disabled as well.
4. You can update the driver of the wireless card. I assumed that your wireless card is not (e.g SPRINT or VERIZON wi-fi) where the signal is coming for the Provider.
5. Double-check the VLAN on the router.
03-25-2010 10:58 AM
Thanks for your advices, but I've already checked all this things. I work as a system operator so I have some knowledges about networking.
All the machines has unique IP address but they can not ping each other even with the IP address.
03-26-2010 09:47 AM
Disable the firewall
If you have norton add traffic rulles from another computer and allow all ports.
If it is win 7...make sure network discovery is turned on.
enable file sharing.
password protected off.
Make sure they are on the range.
03-26-2010 03:27 PM
As I wrote it is not a software problem since if I put any of the thw wireless computers on wired connection it can see the other. I tried it with both.
Seems like Wireless Isolation is turned on although I set it disabled.
03-28-2010 06:45 AM
03-29-2010 10:15 AM
04-06-2010 06:34 AM
The problem was WITH THE ROUTER.
If I set Wireless Isolation (within) SSID: Enabled then the isolation is disabled, so the two computers can see each other within the same SSID.
If I set it to disabled then the isolation is enabled, so they can not see each other.
Maybe a fix would be great for this.