baldrick

UPNP with WRT54G, not working

if i enable upnp my internet connection is lost. i disable and internet comes back.

have only recently upgraded firmware to v4.21.1, Nov. 6, 2006 reset and reinstalled the network router.

any ideas.

leslie.
Ricewind

Re: UPNP with WRT54G, not working

I don’t think this router supports UPnP. If you are talking about the UPnP on the pc then check the settings for UPnP. It may be mapping port 80 with some other port that is blocked by your router. Rather than UPnP I would suggest you to go for port forwarding and forward the port required by your application on this router.

baldrick

On the admin pasges there is a upnp setting. If this is set to enabled Internet is lost.

I have upnp services running in Windows XP with SP2.
Ricewind

If you have that sub-tab on your admin page, then I would suggest you to re-flash the firmware, reset and reconfigure this router and check if it works. I personally never saw that tab on this router, that why I thought it may not support it. I am sorry if that not the case.

blugger

Hi, Just thought I'd mention that I have exactly the same problem... first appeared when I added a Vista machine on the network. I solved it by changing to Open-WRT / X-WRT firmware... but eventually had other problems with this, and reverted to Linksys 4.21.1... at which point the UPNP problem returned. Mine is a pretty old router now... so perhaps an upgrade to 802.11n is justified /steve