Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mkames
Accepted Solution

USB storage link WRT160NL

Hi,

I managed to get the WRT160NL up and running but the storage link option. I hooked up an external HD which shows in the control panel, I've set the complete partition as shared but I did not find it showing in the network overview.

Going thru some FAQ's I found I had to make a new network connection, I designated it as Z: , keyed in \\192.168.1.1\ and clicked browse.I believe I am then to unfold the 192.168.1.1 map and select the "default map" as I read somewhere in another thread but it prompts me to sign in first onto the network. And there is the part I get stuck as whatever sign in I use, it won't accept me. I am sure I have tried all possible sign ins but they all come up with not being correct. Unlike signing in into the controlpanel I am also to select a specific user or otherwise the ok password is greyed out. What am I overlooking here?

I have no problem signing in to the router controlpanel nor to my laptop but I can not seem to sign in when I am being asked to do so when setting up a new network connection so I just can not get access to this storage link option this router offers. Anyone to the rescue?

Many thanks!!

brgds,

Michael

NetNinja

Re: USB storage link WRT160NL

[ Edited ]

Let's assume

On storage Administration tab, Default Server Name:  WRT160NL

and default admin user Password:  admin

Try

Username:    WRT160NL/admin

Password:    admin

Message Edited by NetNinja on 09-09-2009 05:47 PM
mkames

Hi,

Would that be the trick?

Will give it a try as soon as soon as I am home from work tonight and will let you know!

Many thanks for your time and trouble!

brgds,

Michael

mkames

EUREKA!!

Pleased to let you know I got it working now thanks to the login/password suggestion that proved to be

"admin" for BOTH user and password. (as a password I tried that before but I never thought of "admin" as user too)

This might be of help to others as well.

Many thanks for pointing me into the right direction, well appreciated!

best regards,

MIchael 

I

gabatra

Thanks for providing this solution . This was really helpful. I had this issue an year back and have been struggling to find a solution. Thanks again for your help.
Corleone

Its Great that you issue has been resolved..enjoy:smileyhappy:
gabatra

[ Edited ]
Thanks ...
Message Edited by gabatra on 09-10-2009 01:10 PM
NetNinja

MIchael / Gabatra,

Glad to see that worked for you!

Of course the next step now is to change the default storage Users password, and perhaps the Server Name as well.

Cheers!

-NetNinja

mkames

Whooooo, good thinking indeed! I was too blinded from getting it fixed now that I haven't thought of that!

I am not at home now to browse through the controlpanel for the appropriate fields to change the default password but having said this and thinking things over another question rises:

when setting up the router after I bought it, I did already change the default password from admin to a new password.

I take it that this Storage Link option has a separate password protection active then, so besides the generic router-password which has been changed already?

I should run into certain password fields when browsing through the Storage Link tabs in the controlpanel then?

brgds,

Michael

NetNinja

You got it,

the Web >Administration >Router Password is separate.

Take a look at >Storage >Administration >Create/Modify User