Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
anaielo

Unable to access wireless after RESET

I need help ! I have contacted the helpdesk as well as the chat online but so far I got no answers, even though the CISCO support in both channels has showed to be nice and helpful. But it seems nobody knows this answer, so maybe someone can help me out here.

I just bought an E4200 and it was working perfectly, very easy to install, all that it promises. Then I had an energy peak. For some reason, don't ask me why, I did RESET the router not thru the web nor thru Cisco Connect, but pushing the reset button at the back. I can't access the router anymore ! It keeps asking for a password that is never accepted. I have uninstalled cisco connect and tried again. Nothing. The router is not found. Keeps asking for a password. I tried everything: blan+admin, admin+admin, the password I used to have (provided at the cisco connect uninstall).

It seems that the RESET never worked. The router is working thru cables, meaning when I can connect to the internet wired. But the router is never found wireless. Don't know what to do and am getting frustrated with a product that i was enjoying so much.

The help desk informed me that it could be somethng related to the firmware and it was a known bug... Anyone's heard about it ? How could I update the firmware if the router is not recognized (or if I don't have a username+password) ? This was the last i heard from the help desk after being told during the chat to press RESET for 10sec, 30sec, 1 min... 30 sec plugged it, 30sec plugged out, and on and on...

Anyone can help ? Thanks !

Skeith86

Re: Unable to access wireless after RESET

Same thing here. I had a mundane problem with my guest network so Live chat has told me to reset the router. After which, I couldn't access the router AT ALL, as it kept asking for a password. The Wifi name has turned into something wierd too (Panelist-ssid), and I could only connect to it used WPS (but still couldn't access the router).

I have opened an RMA issue but I'd rather the problem solved without sending it :< does ANYONE has any idea what's going on here?

brickmonkey

With reference to the scenario you mention if the wired connection is still working. It means the router didn’t get reset properly and if it asks for the router user name and password, then what you can try the user name as “admin” and password as “wireless password” then check.

If still that does not work follow the following steps for 30/30/30 Hard Reset:

The following procedure will clear out the NVRAM and set Router back to default values:

With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds

Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds

Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds....

Skeith86

I have tried these, I am afraid. I've even tried pressing reset for 90 seconds.

anaielo

Thanks a lot for the help but it did not work either... the admin + wireless password did not work and the 30/30/30 did not work either... Is there anything else I can try ?:smileysad:

anaielo

I just found another post that mentioned the panelist-ssid. They used the password google-4panel. I tried and could access the internet.... not sure if this would go any further...

Skeith86

I won't be able to use the internet I'm afraid, as the login details were reset. I could connect to the wifi by WPS anyway.

brickmonkey

Try to run the Cisco Connect Software once and see whether it works or not. If it gets installed properly without any error message then it will going to work for you.

Skeith86

Tried that. Still can't access the router :smileysad:. Doesn't even find it.

anaielo

Co you see a network called "panelist-SSID" ? If you do, try to connect to that network with the password "google-4panel".

If it works, do a search in this forum for panelist and you will find lots of other comments on this. Also, if it works, the router username would be "admin" and password "google". Hope it works...