Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
billfee
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect to Linksys Router AC1750 (EA6500 v2) using HP Pavillion Notebook

Unable to connect to Linksys Router AC1750 (EA6500 v2) using HP Pavillion Notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) and Internet Explorer 10

Any suggestions?

billfee

Re: Unable to connect to Linksys Router AC1750 (EA6500 v2) using HP Pavillion Notebook

One further note... I can connect to the router through Chrome but not Internet Explorer 10.

Any suggestions on what I have to change in IE 10?

dstech

Re: Unable to connect to Linksys Router AC1750 (EA6500 v2) using HP Pavillion Notebook

[ Edited ]

Hey billfee, check out the latest firmware for your router (not sure if you have version 1 or 2), but it looks like it's possible one of the recent updates could possibly help you with your issue.

Cisco Consumer Products

Product:                EA6500
Classification:         Firmware Release History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

===========================================================================
Release Date:           March 22, 2013
Firmware version:       1.1.28 (Build 147876)

- Bug fix for crashes caused by Airplay.
- Bug fix for duplicate entries in the Device List.
- Bug fixes for crashes on LT2P, PPTP, and PPPoE connections.
- Improved performance for PPPoE connections.
- Noise mitigation implemented to improve 2.4GHz performance.
- Improved performance during periods of high UDP-based traffic.

Release Date:           January 2, 2013
Firmware version:       1.1.28 (Build 146856)

- Fixes a bug where some 3TB USB drives could not be detected.

Release Date:           December 4, 2012
Firmware version:       1.1.28 (Build 146072)

- Improved browser support including IE 10, Firefox 15 or later
- Bug fixes; including UI and Localization improvements
- Add firmware rollback option
- Improved performance with Cloud
- Fix for Linksys Home Networking Widget
- Additional support for printers using Virtual USB will be included in future releases, as new 3rd party drivers are made available for Windows 8 and Mac 10.8.

Release Date:			Nov. 9, 2012
Firmware version:		1.1.27 (Build 144730)

- If the router is in a US region, the 5GHz channel setting is Auto, and the Channel Width setting is 80MHz, the channel will be changed to 153.  
- The default 5GHz channel will be 153 after a factory reset.

Release Date:			Nov. 5, 2012
Firmware version:		1.1.27 (Build 144545)

- Applies the fixes from the previous two releases (1.1.27 build 144156 and build 144027) without requiring a factory reset.

Release Date:			Oct. 30, 2012
Firmware version:		1.1.27 (Build 144156)

- Includes a bug fix that caused WPS to fail

Release Date:			Oct. 27, 2012
Firmware version:		1.1.27 (Build 144027)

- Media prioritization is disabled by default
- WAN egress QoS is disabled by default
- Media Prioritization settings with any values lower than 1Gbps for download and 500Kbps for upload will not be accepted
- For US units, the 5GHz channel default is set to 153
- Fix for AC-Only mode to support 80MHz Channel Width

Release Date:			Oct. 12, 2012
Firmware version:		1.1.27 (Build 142736)

- Improved WAN to Wi-Fi throughput when the device is configured as a bridge device.
- Fixed IOT issue whereas the device can't obtain IP address when it is connected behind certain cable modems.

Release Date:           September 12, 2012
Firmware version:       1.1.27 (Build 141816)

- Add application feature access without Smart Linksys Wi-Fi account
- Bug fixes

Release Date:           August 3, 2012
Firmware version:       1.1.26 (Build 140196)

- Initial release

billfee

Thanks but I have EA6500 v2 with the latest firmware 1.1.38

Any other suggestions?

meegosh

What do you mean can't connect? Can't go online with IE but online with Chrome? On IE, try to check Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN settings. The only box that is checked should be Automatically detect settings.

Aside from that, can you check if there are other devices that works fine with EA6500?

---
If everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer..

billfee

What I mean my connect is that I do not get a logon screen. I just get a blank webpage with the Linksys heading. But if I use Chrome and i get the logon screen and I can logon to the router.

Also I have the LAN settings set to auto detect.

meegosh

It's an issue with your IE browser. It has nothing to do with your router. You can try to check security level of your IE under Internet Options - or you might as well reset Internet Explorer browser back to it's default settings. If still not working properly, check if there's an update for it.

---
If everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer..

Expert
sabretooth

[ Edited ]

meegosh wrote:

What do you mean can't connect? Can't go online with IE but online with Chrome? On IE, try to check Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN settings. The only box that is checked should be Automatically detect settings.

Aside from that, can you check if there are other devices that works fine with EA6500?

^^ No. All check boxes should be unchecked.

billfee

I still cannot logon to the Router Admin software with the Linksys account I created.

With IE 10 the logon screen does not display but with Chrome the logon screen does display.

IE 10 doesn't seem to work even with the settings you suggested.

ArthurRenzo

One of the probable cause of your concern is the ActiveX settings on your IE 10. ActiveX Controls are pieces of software that supplement how your browser works. These controls may have an impact on the performance, security, and reliability of Internet Explorer. ActiveX Filtering lets you browse the web with these controls turned off. When you view a webpage that has had ActiveX Controls filtered out, some content on the page might be disabled.

To turn on ActiveX Filtering

• Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, point to Safety, and then click ActiveX Filtering.

To turn off ActiveX Filtering

• Open Internet Explorer, click the Filter button in the Address bar, and then click Turn off ActiveX Filtering.

To turn off ActiveX Filtering on all websites

• Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, point to Safety, and then click ActiveX Filtering.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie10-win7-privacy-statement