Unable to connect to WRT600n USB Device using Vista

Unable to connect to WRT600n USB Device using Vista  The kicker is that I can see it fine from XP machines.  The device does not appear anywhere in the network.

Any Ideas? I have already tried the Linksys Advisor.

Re: Unable to connect to WRT600n USB Device using Vista

One issue with Vista is that you must access the USB device as "Administrator." Make sure that anything you do is done under that umbrella, otherwise the Vista security settings will block the device from being seen.
A+ Certified, over 15 years of hands on computer and home networking experience...and I still get lost!

Thanks mobandit.  My user account is part of the Administrator group. I can see the device as a Networking Infrastructire device and also as a wireless device within the "Network" view. It tho does not show up as a USB or Storage device.  

I found few good steps for such issue related to WRT600N with vista ...but it only Applies to VISTA Basic & vista home premium....

Step 1. open regedit (Start and in "start search" type regedit)
Step 2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CURRENT CONTROL SET -> CONTROL and then highlight LSA in the left pane
Step 3. In the right pane locate "LmCompatibilityLevel"
Step 4. Change value to 1 (default is 3 if you need to revert back)
Step 5. Reboot.
Step 6. Login to Router admin page (192.168.1.1)
Step 7. Under Storage -> Administration make sure your Workgroup Name matches your computer. Most computers default to WORKGROUP (Also you can customize the name of your WRT600n above Workgroup Name if you wish)
Step 8. You have to enable Network Discovery (In Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing)