Rabidmuskrat

Updating e4200v2 to CIsco Cloud Connect

I know that Cisco Cloud Connect was released fairly recently. I also know that the e4200v2 was supposed to be a supported router from last generation for Cisco Cloud Connect. However, when I go to the upgrade firmware option on my router settings, it says that I have the most up to date firmware.

How do I get CIsco Cloud Connect setup on my e4200v2? Would I simply follow the manual install instructions for the ea4500 with the firmware for the ea4500?

I'm hoping that the updated firmware will fix an issue I'm having with getting a Seagate Expansion hard drive detected for the media server portion since I know a closely related hard drive was in the list of functioning external hard drives for the Cisco Connect Cloud firmware.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate any help I can get.

mting

Re: Updating e4200v2 to CIsco Cloud Connect

directly update the EA4500 firmware 2.1.38

I have tried it, it works well

But I dont like the ccc, so i downgrade my E4200v2 back to 2.0.37

Rabidmuskrat

What exactly is it that you don't like about it so far? I know some people were concerned about some stuff from the EULA at first, but they backed out the questionable parts.

quack

In reference to your post I would suggest you to download the latest setup for cisco connect from the website, reset the router and then run the latest setup to reconfigure your router. After that try to upgrade the firmware so that you can get to cisco connect cloud. Click on the following link to download the latest setup for cisco connect http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/E4200

ScarletJamie

Rabidmuskrat wrote:

What exactly is it that you don't like about it so far? I know some people were concerned about some stuff from the EULA at first, but they backed out the questionable parts.

Yup, just follow the steps provided by quack.

imabanana

mting wrote:

directly update the EA4500 firmware 2.1.38

I have tried it, it works well

But I dont like the ccc, so i downgrade my E4200v2 back to 2.0.37

Me too. I'm going to wait for the CCC bugs to get ironed out and for it to become fully functional. It was not possible to do DHCP address reservation from CCC. The iPhone app presents a dumbed down version of the router interface and is extremely limited. The iPad version is a 2x magnifed version of the iPhone interface.

chica-dora

i think e4200 v2 was not yet included for the cisco connect cloud rollout.