STCKay
Accepted Solution

Viewing and Deleting internet history on Router (

Hi,

This is my first post on this website.

I would like information on how to view and delete internet history on a router. I have a linksys router (Default SSID is AFAQ wireless) and I would like to view the internet history. Mainly what internet sites have been visited on my router. I am able to get onto the http://192.168.1.1/ webpage but can't see any options for viewing and deleting visited websites/pages.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

toomanydonuts

Re: Viewing and Deleting internet history on Router (

Which router are you using?

In most Linksys routers, you must enable "logging" to get the router to record the web sites you visited.  Even when you do this, generally only the IP address is recorded, not the name of the website.

Logging in Linksys routers is primarily designed for diagnostic purposes.  If you leave logging turned on full time, it will slow down your router when the router memory becomes full.  Therefore, in general, you should turn off logging.

Windows keeps a good record of the web sites you have visited.  Look in "History" for this info.

castor

Whats the Model number of your Router? To view the history you need to enable the Logging feature on your Router. Once you login to the Router setup page you need to click on the 'Administration" tab and below you need to click on the sub tab "Log" and enable the logging feautre on your Router... This will let you view the Internet History.
STCKay

Firstly, thank you for your reply. Very much appreciated.

In terms of model number, I'm not too sure. Would that be the IMEI number? If so, it's: 354532020326165

If not perhaps it's: QUALCOMM 3G CDMA

Or could it be: GlobeSurfer III                       

All three are printed on the back of the router.

I've been on the router steup page but can't see any tap for administration. I'm a complete novice.Please be patient!

Where do I go from here.

Thanks again.